$4000 in Prizes! Learn How YOU Could be a 2021 Card Design Superstar!
Are you ready?
It’s time to announce our annual Card Design Superstar contest! This event is a highlight every year. We love the excitement it generates and are endlessly impressed by the skill and creativity on display.
We recognize and appreciate many different card-making styles — each is unique and relevant. While it would be impossible to categorize all of the different styles our customers represent, in an effort to encourage as many of you as possible to feel welcome and to participate, we’re continuing with the format of breaking the contest into three separate categories. Not only does this mean you have a chance to shine in a specific category or by displaying your versatility in all three, but it also means we have a HUGE array of prize opportunities for you.
Be selected as one of our FIFTEEN 2021 Card Design Superstars (five winners from each of the three categories) and win a $250 shopping spree from My Favorite Things! You’ll be able to use your prize to choose from hundreds of products included in the exclusive My Favorite Things line. In addition to our fifteen superstars, we’ll also be randomly selecting one winner per category to win a $100 shopping spree — that’s over $4,000 in prizes!
Get your creative wheels spinning and start thinking about how you want to interpret our Superstar categories. Show us that you’ve got what it takes to be a:
Clean & Simple Genius
Here is your chance to showcase your innate understanding of design. White space, color theory, and design rules are critical components of pulling off a beautifully clean & simple look. You understand that sometimes, less is more, and you aren’t afraid to show it!
Whether your preferred medium is paint, marker, or pencil, coloring is a skill you’ve honed since those early years spent with Crayolas and a favorite coloring book. The MFT collection of images is vast, so now is your opportunity to show off your exceptional coloring skills!
We’re gaga for specialty cards. If designs featuring sliders, shakers, fancy folding, or 3D elements are your thing, have we got the contest for you! Let’s see your brain-bending looks! Balancing an elaborate idea with pitch-perfect execution and an eye for design is a true skill — one we know you’re up to the task to demonstrate.
Are you as excited as we are? GOOD. Now that you’re ready to dive into your crafting, please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with a few important guidelines:
- Create a brand new, original card using any theme you'd like and enter it exclusively into this contest.
- Enter a maximum of one card per category, in each of the three categories.
- Use MFT-Branded stamps, Die-namics, stencils, and patterned papers, with the card stock and ink of your choice. *If you’ve created any elements that may look like stamping or die cutting that isn’t MFT, include a description so judges can understand how you’ve implemented your ingenious adaptations.
- Submit your card(s) to the appropriate InLinkz collection linked at the end of this post on or before 10 PM EDT on Friday, September 24.
- When submitting your card, please enter your name in the Link Title section. Once you've linked your entry, please double check it is showing up correctly in the link collection and click the link to ensure it works properly. If your social media account is private, we cannot view your entry.
- Contest is open to retail customers only.
- International entries are welcome, with the exception of Russia, due to shipping restrictions.
- Entries that do not meet the guidelines above will be disqualified and deleted from the contest without notification. Any questions regarding your entry can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will the panel of judges be looking for?
- Great design
- Superb execution
- Clever uses of our product
- Fresh approaches
The fifteen winners will be revealed on the blog on Tuesday, September 28, and our 2021 Card Design Superstars will be announced!
We hope that this year’s updated format will encourage you all to create something you love. Show us what you’ve got, superstar!
Enter your card for the Clean & Simple Genius Category HERE.
Enter your card for the Coloring Virtuoso Category HERE.
Enter your card for the Innovation Master Category HERE.
- Can I post a card I have created previously? No, only brand new entries are considered.
- Can I enter a card into the Superstar contest and in a different challenge or contest? No, only cards created exclusively for this contest will be considered.
- Can I enter more than one card in a single category? No, you may enter only one card. If more than one card is entered, all cards in the category will be disqualified.
- Can I enter the same card in more than one category? No, each category must have a unique entry.
- What happens if I use stamps, dies, stencils, or patterned paper from other companies? Your entry will be disqualified.
- Can I use discontinued or retired MFT products? Yes, that's fine.
- Can I use embossing folders in my creations? Not for this contest, sorry.
- Can I use an electronic cutting machine for my entry? No, refrain from using any sort of electronic cutting machine that doesn’t use actual MFT Die-namics.
- What happens if my social media account is private, and you cannot view my entry? We will have to delete your entry.
- Who pays the customs and duties on my prize package, should I win? Winners are responsible for all customs and duties incurred when receiving prize packages, as required by law.
I wish the window was longer! As a teacher, my crafting time is limited during the school year. There was only one weekend in the timeframe, and I already had plans I couldn’t change, so I won’t be able to enter, even though I’d like to participate. Having 2 weekends would have been helpful!
Exciting! I am trying again this year!
Ready to dive into fin…I mean fun! Need to wait for morning for good lighting to take pic…
Love seeing everyone’s creativity! Art is everything & everywhere!
Though I’m terrified and nervous I’m strongly considering giving it a go! Either way, I’m wishing everyone the BEST of luck, I truly appreciate seeing your inspiring works of art! ❤️
So excited to enter again this year!
Just remember you can’t win if you don’t play!!! why not try it? I know you can do it! I really look forward to seeing all the beauty that comes from this contest every year! So many beautiful creations!
Oh My! This is soooo much FUN!
Yay!! I cant wait to participate!
I am so excited this is happening again this year!!! Thank you so much for inspiring us all to create!!