Before we get to today’s post, we have our randomly selected Starry Night Card Kit Launch winner. Our lucky winner has won a $50 Shopping Spree to the MFT boutique. Enjoy!
from Inge's blog: Kittensmittens
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize — congratulations!
We’re one week into our annual Card Design Superstar contest and the entries are rolling in. We’d love to make this year our BIGGEST year yet — will you help make that happen?
If you’ve already entered, be sure to check and make sure your entry is visible. If you don’t see it, it may have been removed because of a rules violation or an error in the upload process. When you link your project, make sure you’re sharing a new project created for the contest, that your entry doesn’t include stamps, dies, stencils, or patterned paper from any company other than My Favorite Things, and that you’re linking properly — filling out the Inlinkz fields with the correct content. As a reminder, here is a full list of guidelines:
- Create brand new/original cards using any theme you like. Previously posted cards will not be considered.
- The maximum number of entries per participant is one card per category, for a maximum of three entries in all. Multiple entries in a single category will be disqualified. Each card may only be entered in a single category.
- Use stamps, Die-namics, stencils, and patterned papers from My Favorite Things. Cards using other products, embossing folders, or electronic die-cutting machines will be disqualified immediately, so get creative with the MFT products that you have on hand! Use whatever card stock and inks you have available. Small embellishments are fine to use as well.
- If you’ve created any elements that may look like stamping or die cutting that isn’t MFT, include a description so judges can understand how you’ve implemented your ingenious adaptations.
- Submit your card(s) to the appropriate InLinkz collection linked at the end of this post on or before 10 PM EDT on Sunday, September 22.
- When submitting your card, please simply use your name in the Link Title section. Once you've linked your entry, please double check to ensure it is showing up correctly in the link collection and click the link to ensure it works properly.
- International entries are most DEFINITELY welcome! Please note however that we are unable to accept entries from Russia due to shipping prohibitions.
- Entries that do not meet the guidelines above will be disqualified and deleted from the contest without notification. Any questions regarding your entry can be directed to email@example.com.
We have three categories for you to choose from — enter one or go for all three…what do you have to lose? At the very least you’ll have three fabulous new cards to add to your stash. That’s three people you’re about to make very happy! Each category has some VIP judges selected from our team to help out in the arduous judging process as well. Keep reading to find learn more about each category:
Clean & Simple Genius
Here is your chance to showcase your innate understanding of design. White space, color theory, and design rules are critical components of pulling off a beautifully clean & simple look. You understand that sometimes, less is more, and you aren’t afraid to show it!
Special guest judges: Inge, Karolyn, and Laurie
Whether your preferred medium is paint, marker, or pencil, coloring is a skill you’ve honed since those early years spent with Crayolas and a favorite coloring book. The MFT collection of images is vast, so now is your opportunity to show off your exceptional coloring skills!
Special guest judges: Amy, Francine, and Torico
We’re gaga for specialty cards. If designs featuring sliders, shakers, fancy folding, or 3D elements are your thing, have we got the contest for you! Let’s see your brain-bending looks! Balancing an elaborate idea with pitch-perfect execution and an eye for design is a true skill — one we know you’re up to the task to demonstrate.
Special guest judges: Barbara, Melania, and Rachel
NOW, it’s time for you to get busy. You have a few more days to come up with your very best entry for each category and upload it to the proper link collection. Make sure to check your entry before the deadline to make sure it’s viable as we’ll continue to remove non-compliant entries for the duration of the contest entry period — we want to ensure you’re hard work is recognized and appreciated!
Here are the criteria that will guide our judges decisions so keep these in mind as you craft your masterpieces.
- Great design
- Superb execution
- Clever uses of our product
- Fresh approaches
The fifteen winners will be revealed on the blog on Friday, September 27th, and our 2019 Card Design Superstars will be announced.
We hope that this year’s updated format will encourage you all to create something you love. Show us what you’ve got, superstar!
Enter your card for the Clean & Simple Genius Category HERE.
Enter your card for the Coloring Virtuoso Category HERE.
Enter your card for the Innovation Master Category HERE.