You Could Be a 2017 Card Design Superstar!
For the third year running, we are beyond excited to announce our Card Design Superstar contest!
We recognize and appreciate so many different card making styles — each is unique and relevant. While it would be impossible to categorize all of the different styles our customers represent, we’re changing things up a bit this year by breaking the contest into three separate categories. Not only does this mean you have an opportunity to shine in a specific category or by displaying your versatility in all three, it also means we have even more prize opportunities this year!
Be selected as one of our FIFTEEN 2017 Card Design Superstars (five winners from each of the three categories) and win a $250 prize from My Favorite Things! You’ll be able to use your prize code to choose from hundreds of products included in the exclusive My Favorite Things line. In addition to our fifteen superstars, we’ll also be randomly selecting one winner per category to win a $100 prize. In case you’re a math wizard in addition to a card design superstar, you’re right – that’s over $4,000 in prizes!
Get your creative motor running and start thinking about how you want to interpret our Superstar categories. In addition to our usual line-up of judges, we’ve also recruited the discerning eyes of nine of our talented team of creative contributors and they can’t wait to see what you’ve got up your superstar sleeves. Show us all that you’ve got what it takes to be a:
Clean & Simple Genius
Here is your chance to showcase your innate understanding of design. White space, color theory, and design rules are critical components of pulling off a beautifully clean & simple look. You understand that sometimes, less is more, and you aren’t afraid to show it!
Special guest judges: Inge, Karolyn, and Laurie
Whether your preferred medium is paint, marker, or pencil, coloring is a skill you’ve honed since those early years spent with Crayolas and a favorite coloring book. The MFT collection of images is vast, so now is your opportunity to show off your exceptional coloring skills!
Special guest judges: Debbie, Francine, and Jane
We’re gaga for specialty cards. If designs featuring sliders, shakers, fancy folding, or 3D elements are your thing, have we got the contest for you! Let’s see your brain-bending looks! Balancing an elaborate idea with pitch-perfect execution and an eye for design is a true skill — one we know you’re up to the task to demonstrate.
Special guest judges: Jodi, Melania, and Torico
Are you excited yet? GOOD. Now that you’re ready to dive into your crafting, a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Create brand new/original cards using any theme you like. Previously posted cards will not be considered.
- The maximum number of entries per participant is one card per category, for a maximum of three entries in all. Multiple entries in a single category will be disqualified. Each card may only be entered in a single category.
- Use stamps, Die-namics, stencils, and patterned papers from My Favorite Things. Cards using other products will be disqualified immediately, so get creative with the MFT products that you have on hand! Use whatever card stock and inks you have available.
- Submit your card(s) to the appropriate InLinkz collection linked at the end of this post on or before 10 PM EDT on Thursday, September 21.
- When submitting your card, please simply use your name in the Link Title section.
- International entries are most DEFINITELY welcome!
What will the panel of judges be looking for?
- Great design
- Superb execution
- Clever uses of our product
- Fresh approaches
The fifteen winning cards will be revealed on the blog on Thursday, September 28th, and our 2017 Card Design Superstars will be announced.
We hope that this year’s updated format will encourage you all to create something you love. Show us what you’ve got, superstar!
Enter your card for the Clean & Simple Genius Category HERE
Enter your card for the Coloring Virtuoso Category HERE
Enter your card for the Innovation Master Category HERE