We Have a HOT Idea for a Handcrafted Holiday Gift
Looking to give a unique, handcrafted gift this holiday season? Kim O’Connell is back with us again today to show you how to create a gorgeous hand-stamped candle in a few simple steps.
- Cut a piece of tissue paper slightly smaller than your candle and stamp an image on it.
- Color the stamped image as desired with Copic markers.
- Wrap the tissue paper around the candle.
- Cut a piece of wax paper long enough to wrap it around the candle while still being able to hold on to the ends.
- Wrap the wax paper tightly around the candle and use a heat tool to melt the tissue paper into the candle. Move the heat tool back and forth in a steady motion. As soon as the tissue paper starts to melt into the candle, move on to the next section. Repeat this step until all the tissue paper is melted on the surface of the candle.
You can see more of Kim’s fabulous creations on her blog, Paper Perfect Designs.