Operation Write Home Spring Training Blog Hop
My Favorite Things is pleased and proud to be participating in the Operation Write Home Spring Training Blog Hop. Operation Write Home supports our armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards for those serving our Country to send to their loved ones. Find out how you can help heroes keep in touch with their families here.
Today’s Operation Write Home Blog Hop focuses on creating masculine cards. For my masculine card, I’m using Inspired by the Wild, Wild West. This highly detailed line of stamps is gorgeous even when left fully uncolored. I’ve added lots of rustic, masculine details along with some distressing and I’ve created my own speckle tone paper, too.
See how to create the speckle tone background and how to give this warm, weathered look to your card stock and patterned paper in THIS quick video, or you can click play below:
I’ve used the following products in my card today:
- Inspired by the Wild, Wild West stamp set
- Western Backgrounds stamp set
- Fishtail Flags STAX, Fisthail Flags Layers STAX
- MFT Hot Fudge card stock
- MFT Whip Cream card stock
- MFT Premium Dye Ink: Hot Fudge – Available Tuesday, April 9th at 10pm EST!
- Ranger Distress Ink: Antique Linen
- Ranger Distress Marker: Vintage Photo, Weathered Wood
- Water brush