MFT 2018 Creative Olympics | Event #3 – Crafty Biathlon
How are you faring in your quest for Creative Olympics gold? We’ve started the competition in two events so far — find Event #1 Stamping Slalom HERE in Olympic Stadium and Event #2 Freestyle Card in the Olympic Village HERE. We have two more events to share but first, how about an event refresher:
We have a number of venues for you to visit over the course of this epic event. You’ll find events and activities at each so make sure you visit them all — you don’t want to miss a single event!
Olympic Stadium — Our blog is your home base. You’ll be able to participate in challenges shared today and February 14 and our medal ceremony will be held right here on February 22.
Olympic Village — Our Challenge & Inspiration Blog will host two events as well. Mark your calendars for February 12 and 16 for Olympic Village events to be shared.
Olympic Park — Meet up on our Facebook page to mix and mingle with fellow Olympians and participate in Q&As about your impressive training regimen 😉
It wouldn’t be the Olympics without the iconic medals! We have a stash ready and waiting to be bestowed upon our event winners.
Gold medal: $100 MFT Voucher — One winner randomly selected from participants that complete all 4 events.
Silver medals: $50 MFT Voucher — One winner randomly selected from each event.
Bronze medals: $15 MFT Voucher — Winners randomly selected from Olympic Park Q&A events.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Create brand new/original cards using any theme you like. Previously posted cards will not be considered. There is no limit to the number of entries you submit for each event.
- Use stamps, Die-namics, stencils, and patterned papers from My Favorite Things. Cards using other products will be disqualified immediately, so get creative with the MFT products that you have on hand! Use whatever card stock and inks you have available.
- Submit your card(s) to the InLinkz collection found at the end (the finish line!) of each event post on or before 10 PM EST on Monday, February 19.
- When submitting your card, please simply use your name in the Link Title section.
- International entries are most DEFINITELY welcome!
All winners will be announced at our Closing Ceremony on Thursday, February 22, so make sure to check back to see if you are one of our medalists!
The Crafty Biathlon tests your ability to adapt to obstacles and excel in multiple challenges simultaneously. Below you’ll find two columns – one representing a technique and the other, a type of card. Your challenge is to select one option from each column and combine into one fabulous card!
Stephanie chose to combine the inlaid die-cutting technique with a shaker card to create this darling look. Her ingenious nod to the Olympic rings was the perfect opportunity to integrate both the shaker and inlaid categories!
In addition to showcasing the exceptional skill of the athletes and promoting the nations of the world to come together, the Olympics are just a little bit glamorous so that hint of sparkle is so appropriate.
The race for the gold continues. We’re excited to see the results of today’s event!