4 Days Until the August Release
If you’re a Birdie Brown fan, today you’ll get your fix with some more crazy adorable stamps. You’re sure to be enchanted by this month’s release! You’ll also get a peek at a monstrously cute two-step stamp set, some new peek-a-boo windows Die-namics, and a product that is sure to revolutionize your entire stash of stamps. Are you ready? Let’s check it out!
- You can enter to win by commenting on each of the five countdown posts on the MFT Blog before Noon ET on August 2. Please leave only one comment per person, per day.
- One winner will be randomly selected from each countdown day, and all winners will be announced at 8:30 PM ET on August 2 on the MFT Blog.
Once upon a time there was a magical kingdom in a land far, far away, and it came to life in the CUTEST stamp set called Magical Dragons. The newest addition to our Birdie Brown line will enchant you with three large dragons, an absolutely sweet baby dragon, and a fair princess and brave knight in shining armor. Create charming scenes with the wee knight saving the pretty princess from the too-cute-for-words dragons, and add details to your scenes with the whimsical clouds provided or reimagine the clouds as puffs of flames coming from the dragons’ nostrils! You’ll find hours of creativity in your fair castle with this stamp set. And as the story goes — we all lived happily ever after! The coordinating Die-namics are open inside to allow you to stamp, then cut OR cut, then stamp. This feature keeps our Die-namics lightweight and allows for easy removal of the die cut from the die.
Make some monstrously fun cards with the Monster Love stamp set. This delightful 2 step stamp set features six little monsters that you can personalize with mouths, eyes, antennae, and other fun details! Simply stamp the solid bodies first, and then add the details. We make it easy to build your two step monsters because the stamp sheet provides indicators around the solid and detail stamps so that you know which stamps go with which. You’ll also love the punny sentiments in two playful fonts that are perfect for birthdays, love, and encouragement. These monsters are cute and bold (not scary!), and they will steal your heart! The coordinating Die-namics are open inside to allow you to stamp, then cut OR cut, then stamp. This feature keeps our Die-namics lightweight and allows for easy removal of the die cut from the die.
STITCHED TRIPLE PEEK-A-BOO WINDOWS
The Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Windows Die-namics allows you to create adorable scenes and fun windows to add character to your creations. The three windows are surrounded with stitch lines, and you can keep them hooked together or break them apart to use singly. This Die-namics coordinates well with the Monster Love stamp set, but it will work well with any of our delightful images.
TRIPLE STRIPE BACKGROUND
Personalize your projects with a jaunty striped design with the Triple Stripe Background stamp.
The Mirror Image stamp is a must have in your stash! With this one stamp, you can revolutionize your entire inventory of stamps. Ink up any stamp, stamp it on the mirror image stamp, and then stamp the mirror image on paper to create a reverse image. How magical is THAT? The Mirror Image stamp works best with a conditioned stamp. Watch this video for ideas of how to condition your stamps for the best results.
Wondering how you might use this handy little stamp? Barbara’s created a little step-by-step with some examples!
Have you ever wished an image was oriented in the opposite direction than it is? Often a project design would work better if this were the case and Mirror Image Stamp Set allows you to do just that.
1. For my first example, I ‘m going to use the cute hedgehog image from the Warm & Fuzzy Friends stamp set, watercolor paper, VersaMark, and White Detail Embossing Powder.
2. Using the MISTI, remove the black foam pad and place a piece of clear acetate in the corner with stamp mounted as if it was on a stamping block. Mount the Mirror Image stamp on the door so that it will cover the stamp.
3. Ink up the stamp with Versamark, close the door , and stamp onto the Mirror Image stamp. Do this gently; pushing firmly may move the door slightly, distorting the image. Repeat.
4. Working quickly, open door, remove acetate with the stamp, replace black foam pad, and place watercolor paper into MISTI in the same place. Close door and press down firmly-the image stamped on Mirror Image Stamp with Versamark will transfer to the paper. Repeat steps 3 & 4.
5. Heat emboss with white embossing powder. The image on the bottom is the mirror image and on the top is one stamped normally.
6. Here the images are watercolored to show more detail.
7. For my second example I’m going to stamp on Copic friendly paper with Versafine. Versafine works well because it stays wet long enough to apply heat embossing. I’m using my favorite little parrot from Polynesian Paradise.
8. Employing the same technique, remove the foam pad from the MISTI, ink up the image with Versafine (I’m using Onyx Black,) close the door, and lightly stamp the image onto the Mirror Image stamp. Repeat steps for complete coverage.
9. Here I’ve applied clear detail embossing powder…
10. …and heat embossed. The image on the right is the mirror image, stamped on X-Press It Blending Card and the one on the left is the original, stamped on Neenah Classic Crest, Solar White.
See more of all of the products shown today by watching MFT Product Preview: August 2016 Release – Day 4 on YouTube or by watching the video below.
We hope you’ll stick with us for the remainder of our countdown – we’re down to just four days until the August release can be all yours. To see what was created with today’s sneak peeks, keep clicking through to our Design Team member blogs.